FirstService Project Management has built a reputation that enables us to attract the most talented and creative professionals in the industry. A collective commitment to superior client service and the highest standards of ethical conduct sets us apart in the marketplace.
We believe our clients are best served by a diverse, highly skilled staff with access to the most advanced technology and professional development programs in the industry. Our professional career track provides our employees with the tools they need to succeed, including: educational classes through the FirstService Residential School of Professional Development, tuition reimbursement for industry training and certification programs, and a mentor program – all of which contribute to the success of our employees, and ultimately, our firm.
FirstService Project Management offers a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, life insurance, short and long term disability, TransitChek and a flexible spending account for dependent care. Vacation, holiday and personal time help our employees to maintain a balanced life.
As a growing organization, we seek talented and motivated individuals to join our fast paced and friendly work environment. If you find that your skills, experience and interest align with any of the opportunities listed below, we encourage you to apply online.
Job Posting | FirstService Project Management
New York City – Manhattan | Posted 1-March-16
FirstService Project Management LLC has an exciting opportunity for a project manager. The ideal candidate MUST have experience with residential interior and gut renovations, or core and shell.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) :
- Manage residential construction and renovation projects from inception to completion (both interior and exterior).
- Conduct site surveys during various phases of construction; coordinate design and planning; analyze vendor proposals
- Review construction documents for accuracy; prepare and monitor construction schedules; assist in creating budgets and monitoring project costs; project coordination with outside vendors and consultants
- Analyze bids; review contract scope of work.
- Provide documentation and written record as to the progress, problems, solutions, inspections, change orders, construction changes, meetings, shop drawings and products.
- Maintain sub-contractor and vendor relations.
- BA/BS preferred in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management.
- At least three years of proven project management experience in a residential building environment.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands.
- Ability to handle customer relationship management, provide strong customer consultative skills and work in a large-team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects of varying scope and budgets with the skill to plan and achieve tight schedules.
- Experience managing architects, contractors, and support vendors.
We offer a team-orientated, high energy work environment and a full benefit package. Salary commensurate with experience. Please direct resumes, salary requirements, and inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject should read “Project Manager.”